StrokesPlus.net
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
xqc  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2019 7:51:36 PM(UTC)
xqc

Groups: Approved
China

I used a mouse gesture named "wgestures" before. As it has not been updated for a long time, I switch to StrokesPlus. I find it is more powerful but I notice it only supports up to two stroke buttons.

It is inconvenient to me because I use four stroke buttons: right button, middle button, X1 and X2.

It will be a great help if More stroke buttons can be added.

If possible, it will be better if the keyboard key can also be regarded as stroke buttons. For example, pressing the "win" key and move the mouse can also be regarded as a gesture.
Rob  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2019 8:42:37 PM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Translators, Members, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 68 post(s)
It becomes increasingly complicated to manage state in an efficient and seamless manner, just adding a second button when I created StrokesPlus.net was a big undertaking. Also, it's very rare that people even use two buttons, much less four!

However, with the use of modifiers, you should be able to get close. For example, if you make an action which uses the right button and the gesture L; then make another action with the right button, gesture L, and modifier X1.

Hold the right button and while you're drawing the L, you just tap the X1 button once and it executes the second action. Hold right button and draw L without tapping X1 and it is a different action.

I know it's not exactly the same, but I wanted to make sure you are aware of that functionality.
thanks 1 user thanked Rob for this useful post.
xqc on 10/8/2019(UTC)
xqc  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2019 9:04:36 PM(UTC)
xqc

China

Thank you for your reply Bob.

The method you propsed is feasible. but not close enough to my thoght.

Now I use right button and X1 button as stroke buttons in StrokesPlus, as I use them more frequently. And I use middle button and X2 button as stroke buttons in "wgestures".

So is there a way that I can use two StrokesPlus at the same time? One for right button and X1 button and the other for middle button and X2 button. I try to use the Installer Version and Portable Version of StrokesPlus at the same time but it failed.
Rob  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2019 9:25:49 PM(UTC)
Rob

United States

I don't generally recommend it (it's not a supported configuration), just due to having multiple hooks installed and the chances for them to interfere with each other....however, all that said, yes you can.

You'll need to run the second instance with two parameters, one to tell S+ to allow multiple instances, the other to point to a different settings file since you will need to have a different configuration.

For example:

Code:
"C:\Program Files\StrokesPlus.net\StrokesPlus.net.exe" allowmultipleinstances settingsfile="C:\Temp\StrokesPlus.net.bin"

Obviously change the path to wherever the second config file is located. Note that the config file must already be there before you start (you can use the file from the portable ZIP as a starting point), or it will fall back to the default rules and load your current config.

You don't need to run the portable and installer versions, you can make a shortcut with the parameters to run the signed installer version for the second instance.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 8, 2019 9:40:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rob  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2019 9:28:10 PM(UTC)
Rob

United States

Oh and please report any issues. While it's technically not a supported configuration, I would like to know about them so I can possibly try to resolve them when I have time. They will be low priority, of course.
Rob  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2019 9:32:01 PM(UTC)
Rob

United States

Also note that there are some things which will not flow correctly, like the Update Check and installer. The installer looks for and closes the app running which obtained the mutex "StrokesPlus.net", but additional instances will not have that mutex, so the installer will fail because the app is still running and cannot overwrite the files. There may be some other oddities, I am not sure as I haven't really tested it much.
xqc  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2019 4:42:31 AM(UTC)
xqc

China

Thanks a lot for your patient guidance. I succeed in running the two StrokesPlus and setting them correctly. I also make them autostart when windows start up. It works well so far.

If any issues occur I will let you know as soon as possible.