StrokesPlus.net
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Milincho  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2024 1:42:24 AM(UTC)
Milincho

Groups: Approved
Spain

How can I define app priorities in StrokesPlus.net?

I'm trying to do this in Chrome:

- Normal behavior for gesture Left: Alt+left
- Behavior of gesture left when in Feedly tab: Esc

In StrokeIt it is as simple as putting a Feedly app identifying all its sections by TITLE before the Chrome app, identified by FILE:
StrokeIt priorities

and it just works: when in the Feedly tab the left gesture does ESC, and in the rest of Chrome it does Alt+Left

How on earth can I do that in StrokesPlus.net? I must be a total dumbo, but I've been banging my head around its overcomplicated UI and haven't found a way to do this.
Rob  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2024 3:19:50 PM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Translators, Members, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 430 time(s) in 363 post(s)
S+ is definitely geared toward a more power user/scripter/programmer end user. But it also has a LOT more power and flexibility - always a trade off.
S+ is not user-friendly, I'm fully aware..and a lot of folks don't need/want to take advantage of the thousands of niche options/hooks/etc. (though plenty do).

The one thing, to your point, is the order of app processing - something which technically exists (based on the order of the apps in the S+ config), but not something user controlled (e.g. dragging the app above another).

You could close S+, edit the JSON to move the Feedly one above the Chrome app - but that's a pain.
Or you could right-click and export the Chrome app (assuming Feedly one exists), delete the Chrome app, then import it (forcing it to be after Feedly).
This is something I will keep in mind as it does feel like a missing piece of functionality.

That said, based on the fairly simple use case (and single gesture involved) that you're working with, the easiest would just be a simple if check in your Chrome Back/Left action script to check the title of the window, removing the Feedly app definition altogether.

This uses partial matches, or you can qualify the entire window title. Just a simple array of comma-separated title strings to match against the current Chrome title and determine which key to send:
Code:
var EscapeTitleMatches = [
    "Feedly",
    "A Song of Ice and Fire",
    "All Personal Feeds",
    "Film - Google Chrome"
];

if(EscapeTitleMatches.some(substr => action.Window.Title.includes(substr))) {
    sp.SendVKey(vk.ESCAPE);
    //StrokesPlus.Console.Log("Substring Match");
} else {
    sp.SendModifiedVKeys([vk.LMENU], [vk.LEFT]);