StrokesPlus.net
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
weebee  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2024 3:40:42 AM(UTC)
weebee

Groups: Approved

Hello. I don't know if this is a bug or something else but it's diminished my ability to properly utilize StrokesPlus.

My preference is to use my right mouse button as my primary gesture button. This works badly. For whatever reason, it almost always fails to trigger gestures and when it does, it also triggers the context menu in its wake. So I was forced to use the X1 mouse button, which I would have preferred not to be my primary gesture button. The problem with the X-mouse button is that it is also triggering the browser_back key. I have searched for solutions on the forum but failed to resolve this issue, even those that seem to reference a similar issue.

I tried to enable consume click. I find that that can only be used if X1 mouse button is not enabled as a gesture button. So I've hit a brickwall there because I seem to have to use an alternative gesture button for that to work. That defeats the purpose. By the way, is it possible to cleanly map a button click and simultaneously use that button as a gesture button e.g. X1 trigger copy but still be the gesture button?

My preference is to use the right button as gesture button. So if I can find a way to make that work, would be better for me but also still interested in resolving the issue with X1. I've tried different mice brands and still having the same issues.

misaki4650  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2024 7:44:02 AM(UTC)
misaki4650

Japan

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
UserPostedImage
uncheck the checkbox?
thanks 1 user thanked misaki4650 for this useful post.
weebee on 4/8/2024(UTC)
Rob  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2024 8:06:53 PM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Translators, Members, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 419 time(s) in 356 post(s)
Quote:
This works badly. For whatever reason, it almost always fails to trigger gestures and when it does, it also triggers the context menu in its wake.

I would first recommend trying a different mouse. When the mouse button switch starts to fail, it very quickly and very intermittently double/triple clicks near instantly - this causes havoc with a gesture app like S+; it's otherwise hardly noticeable.

There have been dozens of people coming here or Discord with similar odd behavior, and nearly every single time, the mouse button switch is failing.

I replace my mouse about every 12-18 months because this has always happened to my mice as well, ever since I started using gestures before I made the original S+.
weebee  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2024 2:43:39 AM(UTC)
weebee

Originally Posted by: Rob Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
This works badly. For whatever reason, it almost always fails to trigger gestures and when it does, it also triggers the context menu in its wake.

I would first recommend trying a different mouse. When the mouse button switch starts to fail, it very quickly and very intermittently double/triple clicks near instantly - this causes havoc with a gesture app like S+; it's otherwise hardly noticeable.

There have been dozens of people coming here or Discord with similar odd behavior, and nearly every single time, the mouse button switch is failing.

I replace my mouse about every 12-18 months because this has always happened to my mice as well, ever since I started using gestures before I made the original S+.

Thanks for the suggestion! Been trying to test this out. It does seem the issue is with the mouse. I had tried multiple mice prior to posting and they had all failed. I had also wondered about mouse debounce. Anyway, I seem to have found one now that works fine. Haven't tested very extensively but seems to be holding up.