StrokesPlus.net
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
strokejuser  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 9, 2023 9:29:00 AM(UTC)
strokejuser

Groups: Approved

Hi, I am new here.

I tried to make a rocker gesture which does following:

When i press and hold right-click and scroll down, it should scroll one whole page down. When i scroll up, it should scroll one page up. With one page i mean all the visible stuff in a window. So when i see 5 rows of pictures in my file explorer, it should scroll down to the 6th row (so that the 6th row is now my first row). When i see 30 files in my explorer (so 30 rows), it should scroll down to the 31th file (so that the 31th is one the top now).

What i tried:

On global on "rocker" i add a new action, in command i took "mouse" then "mouse wheel". But then i don't understand the command parameters "point", "horizontal" and "delta". Also i don't understand "parameter source".

Can someone help me how i can make that work?

I also try to make this rocker gesture: While holding down my second stroke button and scroll down, it should scroll down to the bottom (so not only one page, completely down). Same for scrolling up. But the upper rocker gesture is more important for me.
Swagboy69  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 17, 2023 7:17:02 PM(UTC)
Swagboy69

Groups: Approved
United States

Wait, so you're having trouble getting "right-click + scroll down" to work? That's one of the easier gestures to set up; I use that gesture to "scroll to bottom/end of page". You can set it up so that it fires whatever the hotkey is for "scroll to bottom" (usually the 'END' key) in whichever app you're using. Here's what mine looks like:

example

I'm not sure what the rocker setting has to do with this though, rocker and scroll-wheel events are different. You just need to set up 1 gesture set to fire the 'END' key upon the wheel-down event, and another to fire the 'HOME' key upon wheel-up.

As for the page up and down gesture you want to make, you're probably going to have to get creative because different apps jump a different amount with their "Page Up / Page Dn" hotkeys. File Explorer, I believe, depends on what view you're using and the number of items in the folder, so I dunno how you'd do that consistently via hotkey. Web Browsers would work though, they use the spacebar to jump a page at time.

Edited by user Sunday, September 17, 2023 7:18:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified