StrokesPlus.net
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
johnwang  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2023 5:51:20 PM(UTC)
johnwang

Groups: Approved
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm getting this error sporadically recently. I use strokesplus on a bunch of different machines that I RDP into as well as the local system I'm using. I'm not sure if switching back and forth is causing any issues or if it's something else. It occurs on all the systems StrokesPlus is installed on. Any ideas on what might be causing this or things I can try to reliably reproduce the error?

Code:
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.StackTrace: $   at StrokesPlus.net.Hooks.HookState.FireGestureThread(List`1 drawPoints, Application matchedApplication, Boolean secondaryStrokeButton, Boolean wasTouch, Boolean wasManual)
   at StrokesPlus.net.Hooks.HookState.<>c__DisplayClass101_0.<GestureComplete>b__0()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()Source: StrokesPlus.net
Rob  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2023 2:40:50 PM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Translators, Members, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 354 post(s)
Hmm, you can try downloading the trace version to log a bunch of data which might have something helpful.

https://forum.strokesplus.net/posts/t3012-Tracing-Logging-Builds-for-Troubleshooting

I have never seen that error before, so it is very odd. If you use just the default install config, does it still happen?
I'm curious if you have some kind of configuration (like multiple events firing) which is getting something out of sync or introducing a race condition.
johnwang  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2023 8:45:17 PM(UTC)
johnwang

Groups: Approved
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I think I found the root cause. The right button on my mouse would intermittently lose contact so one gesture would send multiple events in quick succession. I replaced the switch and this has not reoccurred since. Thanks for your help!