StrokesPlus.net
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
enfantreble  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2022 2:41:16 PM(UTC)
enfantreble

Groups: Approved
Japan

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I have no doubt that the weakest link in the chain of tools that i use is by far the user. Suboptimal at so many levels: define complicated shortcuts that are never used, or do the same thing all over again without bothering to define a shortcut, etc
This is a poor video, but the Intellij featue is quite cool. It keeps pestering you "hey, youve used the 'settings' menu 19 times, did you know u can just press F4?". You probably don't want to just to user behavior analysis right off the bat, but I think one (like me for example) can achieve quite an improvement by being trained, and inforcing discipline.

Out of curiosity, im tracking my actions with https://github.com/suurjaak/InputScope to see what it looks like, but, even basic reinforcements like "hey, you've been using an average of 1 gesture per hour, what's wrong?", or "you've pressed this combo 1391 time this month in Chrome, maybe you want to think of a shortcut"?".
This should be low hanging fruits, without too muhc complex analysys.

I suppose it shoiuld be possible with dev, to be able to say "you've been using "File > New" menu in Word, maybe you want to define a gesture?
Other ideas requing some moderate dev, would be to say "youve clicked 1230 times in this 50x50 pixel squate, that's a real hotspot, shouldn't you use some shortcut?'.

Then, if you would track the user movements, and try to actually identify usage patterns. or shapes or anything "macroable", and suggest a gesture to replace it...
What do you guys think?