StrokesPlus.net
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
benderunit  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2022 1:15:45 PM(UTC)
benderunit

Groups: Approved
Russian Federation

Hi, Rob

You might consider adding a new feature to StrokePlus.
An option to assign a key combination to an action, so that the action could be triggered either by a mouse gesture or by the keyboard shortcut.

Here's how it looks in Sensiva. The app has been discontinued since 2002 and became tricky to use starting from Windows Vista with its Aero interface. I had been using Sensiva for 20 years until I had luckily come across StrokesPlus recently.

Actually, a gesture is quite enough, but an ability to assign a keyboard shortcut to an action might be helpful as well. So, it's rather a suggestion than a feature request.

Have a nice day!

Key combination

Sensiva

Rob  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2022 2:32:44 PM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Translators, Members, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 354 post(s)
Yes, that has come up before as well.

There are some internal reasons as to why I didn't do that initially. For example, hot keys are registered with Windows, so it would require constantly registering/unregistering hot keys when you change apps (extra resource usage) and the potential complications of managing those states, etc.

I do think it's possible, just complicated...and when it comes to things like that, I generally don't like to have the core app support those things, since they could technically be done by users who want it.

However, I think a plug-in would be a good compromise, it could have a UI and would be highly performant. So I might go that route.
thanks 1 user thanked Rob for this useful post.
benderunit on 11/4/2022(UTC)