StrokesPlus.net
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Vallmo  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2022 1:14:28 AM(UTC)
Vallmo

Groups: Approved

Hello!
I have an issue with 'Ignore list' app detection.
So I have a couple of apps where StrokePlus is disabled using the 'Ignore list'. CorelDraw is an example.
The bug is that when I switch between 'Ignored' - 'Active' and back to 'Ignored' apps using the taskbar - by clicking exactly on the 'Ignored' CorelDraw taskbar item (first click to hide the ignored app, and second to restore it) - after restoring the StrokePlus icon in the taskbar shows that it's active (blue icon) for the CorelDraw. Although the gestures actually don't work, but it somehow interferes with my other app which I use for those 'Ignored' apps (remapping mouse buttons - 'X-mouse button control'). To fix it I have to switch apps again using the Ctrl-Tab or through the taskbar but clicking on NON-ignored apps and then back to CorelDraw.
Let me know if I can help you to trace this bug Smile

Screen record:
https://drive.google.com...ZQKo7rY/view?usp=sharing

StrokePlus v.0.5.5.7
Windows 10 (b19043.1466)
Rob  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2022 3:29:54 PM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Translators, Members, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 419 time(s) in 356 post(s)
You can try downloading the trace version (two links at the bottom, depending on which version of S+ you're using):

https://forum.strokesplus.net/posts/t3012-Tracing-Logging-Builds-for-Troubleshooting

Then select the following items in the Set Trace Options window (available from S+ tray icon menu):

• ApplicationMatchingGeneralEvents
  • CoreCaptureEvents
  • HookStateGeneralEvents
  • ServerStateGeneralEvents
  • WinEventHookGeneralEvents

Then close S+ Trace and start S+ Trace again. This will create a log file (location noted in the above post) where you can try to narrow down the sequence of events.

This logs a LOT of information, so I find it's best to start S+ Trace, then do the thing you're trying to debug immediately, then close S+ Trace. That will make following the logs somewhat manageable.

So do that twice, once for the "bad" path where it doesn't work right, then once for the "happy" path where it does work as expected.

Then identify the differences of events. I can help as well, but see if you can narrow it down to what seems like might be the cause.
thanks 1 user thanked Rob for this useful post.
Vallmo on 2/3/2022(UTC)