StrokesPlus.net
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
malicodis  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2020 11:22:07 AM(UTC)
malicodis

Groups: Approved
Italy

30% of the times I click (regular click, the left button of the mouse), my click becomes a micro drag and drop, even if I try to do my best to keep my hand steady.
Is it possible to have a permanent script to kill the second click if it's too close to the first one?
Rob  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2020 1:27:55 PM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Translators, Members, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 354 post(s)
I would be willing to bet your mouse button is failing. I have to replace my mouse almost every year because one of the buttons starts to fail, where the contact is intermittent and you get these instant double-clicks or interruption while clicking and dragging. I've had people come to the forum because the right button is failing (showing in different ways with gestures), and when they use a new mouse the problem goes away. What you are describing sounds exactly like a failing button contact.

It's possible to try to catch and kill it, but that kind of script and interference of the left button will probably be noticeable, since S+ would have to consume all left clicks and process them.

I would suggest trying a different mouse for a couple days and see if you're still having the problem.