StrokesPlus.net
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ehyeh_Aries  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2020 5:07:52 PM(UTC)
Ehyeh_Aries

Groups: Translators, Approved
Cuba

Hey guys I can help with Spanish translation too.
Rob  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 12:59:12 AM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Translators, Members, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 354 post(s)
¡Hola!

User Brolencho is in Lima, Peru - would your Spanish be of a different dialect? I'm not familiar with regional differences.

I can certainly have multiple Spanish translation for different regions, but if Cuba and Peru are compatible, I can add you to that language so you both are working on the same translation.
Ehyeh_Aries  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 2:01:08 AM(UTC)
Ehyeh_Aries

Cuba

Hey bud, for technical words the language doesn't vary too much. It is almost the same (guessing that there could be a word that could be said different from country to country like in Cuba we say culero and in Mexico they say pañal for diaper!! But, as said before, this will be for technical words so, I don't think that will be a plus in this case). Anyway if in the future you need anything for Spanish translation u may contact me, I will gladly help..!
Rob  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 12:14:45 PM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Translators, Members, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 354 post(s)
I've added you as a Peru Spanish translator.

Note that you and Brolencho could both be managing the translations at the same time, so you might want to coordinate your efforts accordingly. You can also download the translation as a RESX file to edit the translations offline.

And yes, I'm guessing most words will be fine, but I could see there being differences in some of the help related entries, where I have full sentences.

I can easily create another Spanish translation, so just let me know if you want to do that instead. Just go to this link:

https://lonewolfonline.net/list-net-culture-country-codes/

...and let me know which culture code would be the appropriate one, e.g. es-US for Spanish US or es-PR for Spanish Puerto Rico, etc. - there is no entry for Cuba.
Brolencho  
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2020 5:55:05 PM(UTC)
Brolencho

Peru

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey Ehyeh_Aries, as Rob mentioned, I've been working on the Spanish translation for es-PE. I think I've translated most of the entries except for script help section, however I'm taking it slow and reviewing some of the entries.

If you wish I can send you my RESX file with translated entries, and some notes I've written. From there, you can build your own translation or we can collaborate in some form.

The notes include guidelines on how to decide to translate particular things like "Floater" -> "Flotante", difficult translations, among other things. Building these brief guidelines is where I need most help and second opinions because improving them will make everything much easier, in my opinion.

So hit me up if you or are interested or need something clarified.