StrokesPlus.net
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Octaedro7  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2020 11:46:27 PM(UTC)
Octaedro7

Groups: Approved
Chile

Hi all,
I´ve been long time user of Strokes+ just to find today that there´s a predecessor, and I´m eager to try it.
Thing is that I can´t find a way to import all my gestures and actions from the old app. I have searched this forum to no avail.
Is it at all possible?
For sure, if there´s no other, I´ll go the manual way, but I´m hoping that not.
Feedback greatly appreciated

Edit: I did find a post regarding a plugin for the conversion but I did not understand how exactly to make it work, or even if it is intended to do what I´m after. It mentions script migration, perhaps scripts = Gestures+Actions, but I understand that it refers to LUA scripts, doesn´t it?

Edited by user Thursday, August 6, 2020 12:00:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rob  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2020 2:47:36 PM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Translators, Members, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 354 post(s)
I didn't write that plug-in, a user did - so I cannot speak to what it does or how it works.

There are too many possible complications with converting scripts from the original to the new version, which is one of the reasons I didn't spend the large amount of time it would've taken to make it work right.

Sadly, it really is probably just best to recreate them if a simple pass through the plug-in doesn't do it...spending the time to make it work through some conversion process might take just as long to recreate them - plus you get more familiar with the new logic/scripts by recreating them anyway!

I won't do this again in the future, change scripts/language/engines, it was a necessary evil which brings the whole system into a more modern framework which is better supported and more powerful.

Also, check the Downloads page for the link to the S+ Discord server, I'm usually around (along with others) and can quickly assist with any issues you have trying to translate something to the new version.
thanks 1 user thanked Rob for this useful post.
Random on 10/23/2020(UTC)
Octaedro7  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2020 4:47:31 PM(UTC)
Octaedro7

Chile

Thank you a ton Rob for your swift answer. I´m already working on it manually. I´ll add the discord channel too. I´m eager to try this.
Best Regards
petercncn  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2020 2:09:51 PM(UTC)
petercncn

China

SP+net is really a good software. I had moved to SP+net from SP+ before two years ago. And rencently, I also find a very good Autohotkey script very much. But it is conflicting to SP+net in some of the hotkeys.