StrokesPlus.net
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Manitee  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 5:41:49 PM(UTC)
Manitee

Groups: Approved
United Kingdom

Every time StrokesPlus.net starts, I get a dialogue box telling me 'An update to StrokesPlus.net is available! Would you like to download and install it now?'

I click yes, download and install the update. Next time I turn on my computer, I get the same message.

I have tried to install the newest installation package by downloading it from the website and not through the updater.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Edited by user Wednesday, December 4, 2019 5:52:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rob  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 5:56:13 PM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Translators, Members, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 354 post(s)
I would say to make sure that the StrokesPlus.net you're running is in the same location as where it's being installed.

Open the Settings window and go to the About section, what version number shows there?
Manitee  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 6:08:23 PM(UTC)
Manitee

United Kingdom

The version number is: 0.3.6.3

I installed for the first time in the default location.
Rob  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 6:55:58 PM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Translators, Members, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 354 post(s)
So there is an update available, that functionality is working correctly. The issue is that during the install, it seems it's either not installing to the same location where your running StrokesPlus.net is executing from, or something is failing during the install.

This is something you might have to try to troubleshoot on your side. Finding where your StrokesPlus.net is running from would be the first step, by right-clicking on the StrokesPlus.net.exe in the Task Manager > Details tab and clicking Open file location.

For the standard install, it should be running from Program Files\StrokesPlus.net folder.

Also do you have any kind of sandbox software running that may be preventing the install from writing to that folder?
Manitee  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 5:52:00 AM(UTC)
Manitee

United Kingdom

StrokesPlus.net is running from C:\Program Files\StrokesPlus.net.

I checked my firewall to make sure auto-containment was switched off. It was, but I quit out of my internet security software to be on the safe side and installed the latest version of StrokesPlus.net from the website. When I restarted I did not get the update warning. So, problem solved, it was Comodo Internet Security that was blocking the install.

Thanks for the help! BigGrin