StrokesPlus.net
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Yuichi  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2019 11:43:21 AM(UTC)
Yuichi

Groups: Approved
Poland

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hi

I found the problem basically purely cosmetic.

S+Net works correctly with gesture recognition and execution but gesture drawing does not finish correctly.
I recently connected an additional monitor with different dimensions (it is higher than the main one) and set that both monitors will be leveled with the bases (see gif).
The first monitor has a height of 768 and the second one is 1024, but as I checked the Y value of the second screen starts from -256 to 767.

When I start to draw a gesture on the sub screen and it is below the top of the main screen (Y>0), and then I want to end it above the top of the main screen (Y<0), the same drawing immediately jumps to the position X = 0, Y = 0 on the main screen (sometimes the trace will remain and you need to reload the program to clear it).

Record

If record not work

Edited by user Monday, September 9, 2019 9:27:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Record not work

Rob  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2019 2:49:19 PM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Translators, Members, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 418 time(s) in 356 post(s)
Ah, when I separated the mouse hook and gesture drawing I had some bad data conversions (hiword/loword/int/uint/IntPtr mess...).

When y (top) was negative this resulted in the high order byte, for the x (left) coordinate, rolling over (int vs uint) incorrectly.

So it was drawing, just not in an area of the screen you could see. Once y was no longer negative, x was being extracted properly and you would see the line shoot back to the right spot from where it was drawing off screen.

This should now be fixed in 0.3.4.1.

Edited by user Sunday, September 8, 2019 2:53:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Rob for this useful post.
Yuichi on 9/9/2019(UTC)
Rob  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2019 2:58:14 PM(UTC)
Rob

United States

The recognition worked fine because those values were being stored properly. It was in the passing of the x,y in the message sent to the drawing surface that were being incorrectly relayed.

It would also explain the lingering gesture line, as the code which clears the gesture happens in a different area of the code, which uses the points stored for the gesture (which were correct).
It retraces the line with the transparent color, but since the drawing surface didn't draw it in the correct location, it was not retracing over the line as it was (incorrectly) drawn to erase it.
Yuichi  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 9:18:03 AM(UTC)
Yuichi

Groups: Approved
Poland

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)
An earlier problem was solved BigGrin , but a new one appeared.

After drawing a fair length of line, S+Net repeats what I have drawn, LOL LOL this is the best thing I've seen.
It can be turned off somehow in options?

Echo

If record not work
Rob  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 12:07:53 PM(UTC)
Rob

United States

That appears to be relaying the gesture, based on one of the options:

1) Relay Gesture on No Match
2) Relay Gesture on Timeout

Those are for resending the mouse clicks and movements on either a no action match or upon the cancel timer being reached. There are certain folks who wish to have that, like say a browser gesture program where you want to keep S+ running and enabled for the browser, but use a gesture browser extension since it can better target browser specific things that S+ cannot access.
thanks 1 user thanked Rob for this useful post.
Yuichi on 9/9/2019(UTC)