StrokesPlus.net
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mateus  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 12:47:51 AM(UTC)
Mateus

Groups: Approved

I tried to use my pen on a secondary monitor, but because of windows ink I can't perform gestures so I would like to try the floaters feature, but it seems like it shows up in the first monitor and I can't move it :(

sry if i'm missing something, but it would be nice to be able to have more control over the floater position, we could move it to a comfortable place of the screen or anchor it to the active window for example.
Rob  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 12:39:29 PM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Translators, Members, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 354 post(s)
You can right click the floater and select Move, then hover over it and move it somewhere else, click it when you want to stop moving.

Or triple-click the floater to popup the right click menu and select Move.

Or you can long press and drag it to a new location.

Anchoring to the active window would end up being problematic, since a lot of windows can be active at various times (things that you wouldn't think are the active window) and it would lead to very unpredictable behavior, as well as a bad UX.
thanks 1 user thanked Rob for this useful post.
Mateus on 8/27/2019(UTC)
Mateus  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 3:03:31 PM(UTC)
Mateus

Groups: Approved

Originally Posted by: Rob Go to Quoted Post
You can right click the floater and select Move, then hover over it and move it somewhere else, click it when you want to stop moving.

Or triple-click the floater to popup the right click menu and select Move.

Or you can long press and drag it to a new location.

Anchoring to the active window would end up being problematic, since a lot of windows can be active at various times (things that you wouldn't think are the active window) and it would lead to very unpredictable behavior, as well as a bad UX.

ty :), was wondering why no one else had this problem, seems like if the GUI is open while the floaters are active you won't be able to right click it, so the first time I tried to use it I couldn't move it. Wonder if it is something on my computer or if it's a bug.
Rob  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 4:05:39 PM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Translators, Members, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 354 post(s)
No that's not your computer.. It's challenging setup because the Settings window makes a copy of your settings (in case you make changes and click Cancel, to restore them).

The floaters reference the main settings (either the current or the ones set after clicking Apply), but it's a volatile settings object, meaning it can be changed based on the Settings window, etc.

So I have to disable changes made to the floaters while Settings is open because anything you did to the floater would not be properly in sync with the settings in the window.

It's complicated, and it is on my "to do" list to resolve.