StrokesPlus.net
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
v2t1asvc2za  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2022 2:29:08 AM(UTC)
v2t1asvc2za

Groups: Approved

StrokesPlus.net frequently fails to start up with the error shown below:
UserPostedImage

What does it mean? What setting could've cause it?
Rob  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2022 2:35:28 PM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Translators, Members, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 354 post(s)
Note that error states it was copied to the clipboard. Next time this happens, paste the error message here so I can see if it helps me identify what the issue is.

Also, when this happens, does S+ exit, or does it still work okay?
v2t1asvc2za  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2022 2:59:47 PM(UTC)
v2t1asvc2za

Originally Posted by: Rob Go to Quoted Post
Note that error states it was copied to the clipboard. Next time this happens, paste the error message here so I can see if it helps me identify what the issue is.

Thanks for the reply! Oh so it's not saying "$(copied to clipboard)" is the problem? I got confused and thought "$(copied to clipboard)" is causing the error, heh.
Will see if I can get the message tomorrow (laptop not at hand at the moment).

Originally Posted by: Rob Go to Quoted Post
Also, when this happens, does S+ exit, or does it still work okay?

S+ exit right after I click the OK button. Would have to relaunch the program again.
I have S+ set to auto start on windows start up, and this error pops up frequently (but not always) when starting up S+ (when there's a green loading bar at the bottom right).
I'd have to manually relaunch S+ (however I usually only need to retry once), but once successfully started S+ will work smoothly for the rest of the day.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 23, 2022 3:06:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

v2t1asvc2za  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2022 2:30:14 AM(UTC)
v2t1asvc2za

So after checking out my clipboard I found out there's multiple types of error, I'm not sure which one is more common but anyway here's what I've gotten:
Quote:

Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.StackTrace: $ at StrokesPlus.net.Code.ScintillaCommon.<>c.<InitScintilla>b__18_2(Tuple`3 s)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at StrokesPlus.net.Code.ScintillaCommon.InitScintilla(ScintillaWithMenu scintillaEditor, Settings _pendingSettings)
at StrokesPlus.net.Forms.frmConsole.Init()
at StrokesPlus.net.Forms.frmConsole..ctor(Boolean initHidden)
at StrokesPlus.net.Code.ServerState.OpenConsoleThread(Boolean initHidden)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()Source: StrokesPlus.net

Quote:

Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.StackTrace: $ at StrokesPlus.net.Code.ScintillaCommon.<>c__DisplayClass29_1.<AddDefaultTypes>b__3(Tuple`3 mm)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
at StrokesPlus.net.Code.ScintillaCommon.AddDefaultTypes(String fullPath, String pathToLastSegment, String lastSegment, Type matchedType)
at StrokesPlus.net.Code.ScintillaCommon.InitScintilla(ScintillaWithMenu scintillaEditor, Settings _pendingSettings)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()Source: StrokesPlus.net

Quote:

Message: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.StackTrace: $ at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNextRare()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()Source: mscorlib

As I said when launching S+ at windows start up one of these error would pop up and S+ would exit after I click the OK button
Hope these logs help! Let me know if there is any more information that is needed.

Edited by user Thursday, February 24, 2022 2:32:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rob  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2022 5:54:27 PM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Translators, Members, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 354 post(s)
See how 0.5.6.5 runs. Worst case scenario now, the Console window's script editor may not be initialized for colors/auto complete, etc. - instead of crashing S+.

You can try increasing the delay before the Console window is loaded, as this error seems to indicate it's running into an issue when it's trying to load all of the assemblies for types, etc. Maybe on some machines that takes longer than mine and it just needs to wait before doing it.
Code:
sp_config.ConsoleStartupDelay = 10; //seconds
sp_config.Save();

v2t1asvc2za  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 25, 2022 3:22:51 AM(UTC)
v2t1asvc2za

Tested a few reboots and not seeing any error anymore! I don't use Console so can't say anything about that, but S+ seems to start up smoothly now.
Thanks for the update!
ianxxx  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2023 8:26:56 AM(UTC)
ianxxx

Italy

I get that popup too every so often.

Clipboard content is:
Code:
Message: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.StackTrace: $   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNextRare()
   at StrokesPlus.net.Hooks.HookState.FireGestureThread(List`1 drawPoints, Application matchedApplication, Boolean secondaryStrokeButton, Boolean wasTouch, Boolean wasManual)
   at StrokesPlus.net.Hooks.HookState.<>c__DisplayClass101_0.<GestureComplete>b__0()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()Source: mscorlib