StrokesPlus.net
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Frederick H.  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2022 2:15:35 PM(UTC)
Frederick H.

Groups: Approved
United States

I am an ex Disney/Marvel animator that uses many gestures with my mouse to control a program called ZBrush. I figured out how to make my mouse gestures do what I want, but I don't know how to port all the gestures I created on one machine to another machine. I am not a coder, but I knew I needed this program to make using ZBrush much easier and faster, and so I tinkered a bit and got many mouse gestures registered and trained. I don't need information on most of the amazing features this program offers, just on how to export. I selected everything in export section of the Import/Export area and pressed export, but then I couldn't find where the export went. And I have no idea how the export is being saved, in what format, etc. The import button is directed to user documents -- it opens the user documents folder, when pressed -- but the export doesn't go there. I saw a file in AppData>Roaming>StrokesPlus.net called a json file, which seemed a likely candidate, but now I don't think it is. I hate to bother you with something that should be very obvious, I'm sure. I would like to add that we noncoders need this program -- we really need it -- and all of us average Joes will find the export to other machines daunting. I teach ZBrush and I would love to teach others how to use StrokesPlus with ZBrush, but I need just this one last piece of information, for that to happen to best effect.
Thank you for your very valuable time and consideration. Blink

Frederick H.  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2022 3:24:11 PM(UTC)
Frederick H.

Groups: Approved
United States

I am replying to my own question. I figured out what I did wrong. I am sorry I wasted your time. When I tried to export all the features (a complete set) the first time, it didn't work. Then I tried again with only a portion of the components selected, and it saved to documents as a spexport file. Then I tried selecting everything again, and this time it worked perfectly. I ported all my gestures and changes in one go -- it was very easy. I commend all of you who work on this program for an amazing job. Exporting is easy, and this is a truly valuable program. I hope more people discover it. If you made videos of just how to make a mouse work, nothing fancy, keep it as simple as possible, and how export and import, you might find a lot more people like me who are not coders and who really want this. I don't need all the other functionality, but the mouse gestures are invaluable.
Rob  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2022 3:28:51 PM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Translators, Members, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 354 post(s)
I'm glad you figured it out!

Also, now that you have registered on the forum, you can also login from the tray icon and all of your settings will be uploaded and saved. Then you can login to the tray icon from another computer and click the Synchronize Settings menu item from the tray, there you'll see you full saved settings history and can download them.

The StrokesPlus.net.json file in the roaming folder is also the entire settings file and can be copied to another machine.