StrokesPlus.net
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
randomConstant  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 4, 2021 6:54:10 AM(UTC)
randomConstant

Groups: Translators, Approved

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Hi all,

So I've been using S+ since I was an Opera browser user, then I switched to Vivaldi browser and noticed every time I had to drag and drop files/images/documents into Vivaldi browser (such as from desktop to a file upload region on any website), It would not let me do that and show me a disabled/unavailable mouse cursor upon trying.

I always thought it was a Vivaldi issue, I changed Vivaldi versions, did a fresh install, reset settings, disabled extensions and so on. Finally I figured out the culprit, drag & drop would work perfectly fine if I ran Vivaldi using a normal click on taskbar pinned icon or the actual exe but not when I ran it using sp.Run or sp.RunOrActivate in S+ as shown in code:

Code:
sp.RunOrActivate("C:\\Programs\\Vivaldi\\Vivaldi Browser.exe");

I looked at Vivaldi's pinned icon's properties and its target box has no extra flags or command arguments. I even tried copy pasting the target value directly from properties into sp.Run but no luck.
So right now I'm activating Vivaldi by clicking on the icon using S+ with following code:
Code:
var currentMouseLocation = sp.GetCurrentMousePoint();
sp.MouseClick(new Point(19, 64), MouseButtons.Left, true, true);
sp.MouseMove(currentMouseLocation);

Drag & Drop works flawlessly this way, also something to note is that IDM's download popup also began showing on YouTube videos after this code change. It might be related.

I've checked Vivaldi's forums for the issue but couldn't find any related post. Maybe someone using S+ can test it and identify which extra arguments sp.Run method is missing.

Here's a link to portable Vivaldi if anyone wants to test it for themselves: External Link To Vivaldi Portable

Thanks
Rob  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 4, 2021 8:54:21 PM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Translators, Members, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 354 post(s)
Without fully testing, I'm guessing it's due to security.

If you're running the S+ installer, it runs at an elevated privilege, so it can interact with all programs. But if you're running an app from S+, it is probably running in an elevated context, which might mean the lower process (normal apps) cannot interact with Vivaldi running in the elevated context.

Elevated apps can interact with lower privilege apps, but not the other direction.

I'll have to think about it some to see if there's a way to work around that when running Vivaldi from S+.

But as a test, download and run the portable S+ and see if I'm right.

On my phone, not at home, so I can't test it out.
randomConstant  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 5, 2021 2:03:47 AM(UTC)
randomConstant

Groups: Translators, Approved

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Yup! You are absolutely right Rob.

Actually I'm running portable S+ with elevated privilege. I tried running it normally (without admin privilege) and Drag & Drop works fine.

Switching back to elevated S+ for now though as manual click solution is working for now. I can't access some of files while in normal mode so this is fine for me.

Still I never thought running things as administrator would cause problems like these, everyday you learn something Mellow