StrokesPlus.net
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
randomConstant  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2021 5:37:39 PM(UTC)
randomConstant

Groups: Translators, Approved

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Hi all,

Windows taskbar is preferred vertical by many as it gives more vertical real estate (frees up already less horizontal space), however unlike thin "horizontal" taskbar, Windows for some reason doesn't let us minimize "vertical" taskbar width to same extent (i think 32 px for horizontal but double when vertical).

There is a solution involving use of taskbar tweaker utility which is free and open source.
Link to source code: taskbar tweaker source code

Here's a reddit post show casing this feature:
Super thin task bar demonstration

This app needs to be ran at least once on every startup so that it *unlocks* the taskbar width limitations but I was hoping maybe we can turn it into a script or a plugin. Maybe someone good with programming can go through the source code, there are like 12 instances of that feature mentioned in code and I think it will be easy to understand since its a not-so-big *advance* feature of that utility.

Bonus: honestly the actual goal is to reduce taskbar space to as minimum as we can, so if horizontal taskbar height can be reduced more that would be great as well. Or maybe there can be a quick autohide option more robust than default Window's autohide option.

Thanks for reading my request.