StrokesPlus.net
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
niczoom  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2021 4:57:37 AM(UTC)
niczoom

Groups: Approved
Australia

Im stumped trying to use the RegistryReadString function. Im trying to access the registry key "AppliedDPI" from this path: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics". Ive tried numerous ways, for example:

var result = sp.RegistryReadString("HKEY_CURRENT_USER", "Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics", "AppliedDPI", 1)

and many others but with no luck. Can someone please enlighten me on the correct path usage! I have read the script help without luck.
Rob  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2021 5:58:40 AM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Translators, Members, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 419 time(s) in 356 post(s)
Yeah, so that stuff was added WAAAAY back in the beginning, and it also appears I completely missed the example scripts in the help attribute...I'll have to correct that.

Here's getting the value as a string and a number:
Code:
var sAppliedDPI = sp.RegistryReadString(Registry.CurrentUser, "Control Panel\\Desktop\\WindowMetrics", "AppliedDPI", true); 
sp.MessageBox(sAppliedDPI, "AppliedDPI String");

var nAppliedDPI = sp.RegistryReadNumber(Registry.CurrentUser, "Control Panel\\Desktop\\WindowMetrics", "AppliedDPI", true); 
sp.MessageBox(nAppliedDPI, "AppliedDPI Number");

Note that Registry in the script resolves to this class: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/microsoft.win32.registry?view=netframework-4.8

EDIT: The reason I mention it was from the very beginning is because it's not very well thought out, just something I crammed in there to basically match the original S+ and I haven't revisited those functions since. They could use some work!

Edited by user Monday, February 8, 2021 6:11:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Added additional explanation

thanks 1 user thanked Rob for this useful post.
niczoom on 2/8/2021(UTC)
Rob  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2021 6:19:09 AM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Translators, Members, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 419 time(s) in 356 post(s)
For just getting a value, probably easier to just call the method directly. I might get rid of those functions altogether and just expose Microsoft.Win32 to the script engine, instead of this proprietary stuff.
Code:
var oAppliedDPI = Registry.GetValue("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Control Panel\\Desktop\\WindowMetrics", "AppliedDPI", 96);
sp.MessageBox(oAppliedDPI, "AppliedDPI Object Result");

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/microsoft.win32.registry.getvalue?view=netframework-4.8

Last parameter is the default value to return if the AppliedDPI entry doesn't exist.
thanks 2 users thanked Rob for this useful post.
niczoom on 2/8/2021(UTC), thexray on 7/26/2023(UTC)