StrokesPlus.net
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
malicodis  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 3:02:42 PM(UTC)
malicodis

Groups: Approved
Italy

Hello,
I have a Huion H640P tablet + pen. Is it possible to use SP to simulate/replace the scroll job of a mouse wheel?
Thanks
Rob  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 11:23:42 PM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Translators, Members, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 354 post(s)
Like this? (assuming this is in an Action)
Code:
//Scroll down
sp.MouseWheel(action.Start, false, 120);

//Scroll up
sp.MouseWheel(action.Start, false, -120);

Or do you mean something else?
malicodis  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2020 9:27:32 AM(UTC)
malicodis

Italy

I want to use the tablet pen to scroll. How do I implement this? Thanks
Rob  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2020 11:38:54 AM(UTC)
Rob

United States

Pens can be tricky as each one can have its own hardware/software implementation.

Without having the tablet and pen myself, it may be difficult for me to assist beyond what I posted above. You can make an action (gesture) which performs a mouse wheel scroll event, but that is not probably what you're looking for as drawing a gesture each time you want to scroll may not be very efficient.
malicodis  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2020 10:31:20 AM(UTC)
malicodis

Italy

Originally Posted by: Rob Go to Quoted Post
Pens can be tricky as each one can have its own hardware/software implementation.

Without having the tablet and pen myself, it may be difficult for me to assist beyond what I posted above. You can make an action (gesture) which performs a mouse wheel scroll event, but that is not probably what you're looking for as drawing a gesture each time you want to scroll may not be very efficient.

Hey Rob, one more question. Is it possible to use StrokesPlus to do something like this: if I do a little vertical drag with my pen on the tablet, then this is a scroll down (WheelDown); if I do a little inverted (from bottom to top) vertical drag, then this is a scroll up (WheelUp).
malicodis  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2020 9:52:54 AM(UTC)
malicodis

Italy

Originally Posted by: malicodis Go to Quoted Post

Hey Rob, one more question. Is it possible to use StrokesPlus to do something like this: if I do a little vertical drag with my pen on the tablet, then this is a scroll down (WheelDown); if I do a little inverted (from bottom to top) vertical drag, then this is a scroll up (WheelUp).

Since you told that it's hard to assist about my pen, I'd like to re-write my question.

How to do this?

If I do a little vertical drag by the mouse, then this is a scroll down (WheelDown); if I do a little inverted (from bottom to top) vertical drag, then this is a scroll up (WheelUp).

Thank you so much.
Rob  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2020 1:55:20 PM(UTC)
Rob

United States

Code:
//Scroll down

//Scroll up

The above scripts will perform a scroll up or scroll down, I'm not sure what you are asking.

Just make two gestures, one as a line straight up for scroll up, and another as a line straight down and use the scroll down script.
malicodis  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2020 2:09:20 PM(UTC)
malicodis

Italy

Code:
//Scroll down

//Scroll up

The above scripts will perform a scroll up or scroll down, I'm not sure what you are asking.

Just make two gestures, one as a line straight up for scroll up, and another as a line straight down and use the scroll down script.

Is it possible to have mouse left as a stroke button ONLY for these 2 gestures? So that all my others keep the actual stroke button (mouse middle).

And what do the 120 and -120 mean?

Thanks a lot.
Rob  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2020 3:51:19 PM(UTC)
Rob

United States

You can set Left as your secondary stroke button in Options and check the box to use the secondary for those two gestures. However, this will probably result in undesired interference with normal Left click-and-drag usage since S+ has to capture all Left click-and-drag events to be able to recognize the gesture(s). S+ can't know that you intend to draw just a straight vertical line until after you have drawn and released the stroke button, unfortunately it cannot read the future :)

Under Options > Advanced you can check Relay Gesture on No Match which will replay the Left click-and-drag event if there is no matching gesture defined in S+. Though again, I think it may interfere with normal usage, but you can certainly give it a try.

120 & -120 are used to indicate the mouse wheel delta (amount of change, up or down). This is an internal value used by Windows per each mouse wheel tick, but you can use values which are multiples, like 240, 360 to scroll further.

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/oldnewthing/20130123-00/?p=5473