StrokesPlus.net
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nathan  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2020 4:09:52 PM(UTC)
Nathan

Groups: Approved
United States

Please create a Chocolatey package for StrokesPlus.net. Chocolatey already has a package for the old StrokesPlus. See https://chocolatey.org/packages/strokesplus.

Chocolatey is a package manager for Windows. With the following command, I can install the old StrokesPlus. Chocolatey takes care of the entire install.

choco install strokesplus

I can write a simple Window batch script to automatically install all of the software I want on my laptop. This makes my life simple when upgrading my laptop or re-imaging it.

With the following command, I can upgrade all of the installed software including the old StrokesPlus (if there were an update). This makes it easy for me to run via Windows Task Scheduler. Every Friday, I upgrade all of my software without no manual intervention.

choco upgrade all

A Chocolatey package will help make people more aware of StrokesPlus.net and drive more people to install the software.
Rob  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2020 6:36:11 PM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Translators, Members, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 354 post(s)
I tried to walk through the cryptic process of creating a package, but keep running into one problem or another. My plate is already full as it is, so I'm giving up for now, but I'll keep trying to get it streamlined here and there as I would want it to be fully automatic instead of having to maintain yet another place!

Also, that StrokesPlus package (the original version) is maintained by someone else (corux), so it wasn't something I did previously - I guess that means anyone can create a package.
Nathan  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2020 7:04:14 PM(UTC)
Nathan

Groups: Approved
United States

I reached out to corux to maintain a new package. This would be an okay solution. However, if you had an automated solution, that would be ideal since it would always be up to date.

I created a package for StrokesPlus.net on my laptop. It still requires additional steps to publish it but it should at least get you started.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoSUOERIoBaqtBTSK5-AqX1FaA7z?e=yRsaai
Gabriel Ribeiro (@K0media)  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2021 9:36:30 PM(UTC)
Gabriel Ribeiro (@K0media)

Groups: Translators, Approved
Brazil

Originally Posted by: Nathan Go to Quoted Post
Please create a Chocolatey package for StrokesPlus.net. Chocolatey already has a package for the old StrokesPlus. See https://chocolatey.org/packages/strokesplus.

Chocolatey is a package manager for Windows. With the following command, I can install the old StrokesPlus. Chocolatey takes care of the entire install.

choco install strokesplus

I can write a simple Window batch script to automatically install all of the software I want on my laptop. This makes my life simple when upgrading my laptop or re-imaging it.

With the following command, I can upgrade all of the installed software including the old StrokesPlus (if there were an update). This makes it easy for me to run via Windows Task Scheduler. Every Friday, I upgrade all of my software without no manual intervention.

choco upgrade all

A Chocolatey package will help make people more aware of StrokesPlus.net and drive more people to install the software.

I'm looking for the same thing. I even commented on an issue of the repo.
Here's the link of the issue:
https://github.com/chocolatey-community/chocolatey-package-requests/issues/887

Currently it is available for a maintainer. Maybe time for @Rob to jump in?

Also, I believe the correct command could be this:
Code:
choco install strokesplus.net