StrokesPlus.net
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
esv  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 3:51:19 PM(UTC)
esv

Groups: Approved
Russian Federation

I have a V gesture, consisting of two strokes: ↘↗
Image: V gesture
I'd like to add a /-like gesture, consiting of these two strokes: ↙↗
Image: / gesture
(or Image: both gestures)
However, the second gesture for some reason gets matched with the first gesture even though they are nothing alike!
Is there a way to tweak something to make these distinct gestures be recognized as separate?
Thank you!

Update:
After a few dozens of tries I've managed to get it working, see working curved/, seems like one of the strokes had to be a bit curved?

Edited by user Sunday, June 28, 2020 4:12:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rob  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 4:59:38 PM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Translators, Members, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 354 post(s)
Also, did you try training each gesture a few times? Sometimes there needs to be a few variations of each when the geometry algorithm has collisions.

You can also increase the Match Probability Threshold percentage in Options > Advanced - the higher the value (up to 100%), the more accurately the gesture must match the stored pattern(s). Of course, that also means your drawings during normal use will need to be more precise, or might require a few more patterns to be trained for gestures that aren't matching due to a variation of how you might draw a given gesture.
thanks 1 user thanked Rob for this useful post.
esv on 6/28/2020(UTC)
esv  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 6:13:09 PM(UTC)
esv

Russian Federation

Originally Posted by: Rob Go to Quoted Post
Also, did you try training each gesture a few times? Sometimes there needs to be a few variations of each when the geometry algorithm has collisions.

Yes, but only with the ↙↗ gesture: during one of my testing streaks I've deleted the V gesture, added the ↙↗ gesture and added ~5 variations there, but it didn't help, I still couldn't add the V gesture back

You can also increase the Match Probability Threshold percentage in Options > Advanced - the higher the value (up to 100%), the more accurately the gesture must match the stored pattern(s). Of course, that also means your drawings during normal use will need to be more precise, or might require a few more patterns to be trained for gestures that aren't matching due to a variation of how you might draw a given gesture.

Thanks, forgot about this tweak Blushing
Though so far my slightly curved ↙↗ gesture is working just fine, it doesn't seem to collide with the V gesture (I guess now that ↙↗ my gestures are always closer to it than to the V gesture), so I won't mess with this value not to make it harder for all the other gestures

I was just puzzled since the / vs V gestures seem so much different, so thought you might want to check the matching algorithm
Rob  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 7:35:18 PM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Translators, Members, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 354 post(s)
Quote:
so thought you might want to check the matching algorithm

As per the About tab, I didn't write the matching algorithm..it's a black box to me, man, point arrays go in, gesture names come out BigGrin
esv  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 9:56:32 PM(UTC)
esv

Russian Federation

Quote:
so thought you might want to check the matching algorithm

As per the About tab, I didn't write the matching algorithm..it's a black box to me, man, point arrays go in, gesture names come out BigGrin

Oh, nevermind then, let's enjoy the box while it's still moving in its mysterious ways! :)