StrokesPlus.net
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bowieb  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2020 4:34:57 AM(UTC)
bowieb

Groups: Approved
United States

About half the time when I use a mouse gesture, the action for the gesture completes, but then a right-click menu pops up and I have to get rid of it before I can continue with what I'm doing. It doesn't happen every time and I have not been able to find any pattern to it.

This is with the latest StrokesPlus.net and a fully updated Windows 10.

Any suggestions?
Rob  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2020 3:46:33 PM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Translators, Members, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 418 time(s) in 356 post(s)
I have not heard anyone reporting that issue before.

It may seem unlikely, but buttons wear out over time and I've had people with random things similar to that where the button was intermittently sending down/up/down/up (like double tapping) while they were holding the button down; like a loose connection inside the button itself.

It's happened to my mouse a couple times and I have to get a new one and the problem goes away. It would normally be hard to notice, but playing WoW I always use the right button hold to pan the camera (ALL the time!) and I would see the stutter along with other very slight oddities.

So again, it might not be the case, but I'd also have to imagine that other people would be reporting the issue as well if it was a bug in S+. Unless you have some complicated logic/scripts going on which could be attributed to it.

You could try a different mouse if you're able to. Or if you do have a non-standard S+ configuration, try just the default for a while and see if it still happens. Or close S+ and find an app where you can right-click hold and move to see if you are noticing stuttering or odd behavior.

Usually people only use the right button for stationary clicks, or right click drag very rarely, so it's hard to notice a failing button during normal use - a double right-click in a single location won't really present as a problem, it will be so quick it just shows the right click menu.

bowieb  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2020 8:23:50 PM(UTC)
bowieb

United States

Got it in one. I grabbed the small mouse that I use with my laptop and the problem went away. I wouldn't have thought about that since the regular right-click functions are still working normally.

Looks like I need a new mouse...
Anker  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2023 5:48:36 PM(UTC)
Anker

I had the same problem with my mouse. Started noticing that the mouse sometimes doesn't respond well to right-click + drag. Every time I used it, it became more and more noticeable. Changed some settings in S+ without knowing what the problem was, but all in vain. I had a laptop mouse, plugged it in and the problem went away on its own.
The problem turned out to be a worn right-button mechanism (my 4 y.o. ASUS mouse is performing well overall, this issue is only noticeable in S+), so I just reassigned the Stroke Button to one of the side buttons of the mouse and it ran smoothly since. And thanks for the reply Rob, it has pushed me to a solution.
PS: S+ is a great app, have been using it for more than half a year. Interestingly, I haven't come across any worthy competitors for such a powerful app, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. BigGrin

Edited by user Tuesday, September 5, 2023 5:49:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified