StrokesPlus.net
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Surenpahlav  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2020 9:44:29 AM(UTC)
Surenpahlav

Groups: Approved

As you can see in the Screenshots that I will upload the S+ window is out of proportions in my windows. I use windows 10, with a 4k display, resolution is set to 4k also.

ss1

ss2
Rob  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2020 1:15:14 PM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Translators, Members, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 419 time(s) in 356 post(s)
Yeah :(

I'd posted about it before - I'd tried to start this version off in a good way but I never tried the higher DPI/Zoom/Scale.

So at this point, I really need to rewrite the UI using a XAML based interface - which of course will take a lot of time; probably over 60% of the dev time was the UI, so it will be a large effort.

It's on my list, but it will take a while. Only recommendation I have is to set the scaling in Windows to 100% while you get everything configured in S+.

I have to say S+ is "DPI Aware" so Windows doesn't try to scale gesture surface, which would mess up drawings and mouse coordinates, but that also means Windows doesn't try to auto scale the Settings window.

But I will try to see if there's any way I can modify those areas in the screenshots to be better if I can.
Surenpahlav  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2020 1:24:07 PM(UTC)
Surenpahlav

Groups: Approved

Oh I see. I do have scaling set to 225% on my 4k display. I did try setting S+ to compatibility mode under the scaling options, it fixed the scaling but gestures won't work.

Okay then as you suggested I will set everything using 100% scaling then when it's done I'll switch back to 225%.