StrokesPlus.net
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Prism  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 5:06:48 PM(UTC)
Prism

Groups: Approved

Hi

Not sure where this belongs, so feel free to move it.

Discovered the successor StrokesPlus.net after setting up my new PC. I’m wondering if there’s any way to have it ignore right-clicks completely when disabled (ie inside an app that is on the ignore list). Games freeze for a second whenever I right-click. IIRC the old version did not have this issue. I’ve made a habit of closing StrokesPlus.net altogether whenever I play a game but this isn’t ideal.

I’ve used the original StrokesPlus for a very long time. Many thanks for this amazing piece of software that cannot be missed!
Rob  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 5:51:53 PM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Translators, Members, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 120 post(s)
Yeah, you definitely don't want to only have a game as an ignored app, because S+ still has to intercept the right-click and determine if it should be ignored - for a game, that's not good.

This is what I recommend:

1. For the ignored app definition in the Ignore List, check the box Disable S+ if this App Gains Focus
2. Options > Advanced - check the box Enable on No Ignore App Match

So now when the game becomes the foreground window, S+ will disable itself completely (not capture mouse events).
And when you tab out or exit the game, S+ will re-enable itself.

There's a WinEvent hook installed that Windows calls to tell S+ when the foreground window changes, which is how this logic works while S+ is disabled.

Note that the Enable on No Ignore App Match applies outside of the context of this game, so depending on how you use things, you could have S+ become enabled unexpectedly. Just so you remember this in case that happens and you're wondering what's going on. For most people, you probably won't run into.
Prism  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 6:37:15 PM(UTC)
Prism

Thanks so much for your reply.

Unfortunately, this is how I had it set up already, but it looks like StrokesPlus.net may not be the problem: It seems to work fine with some games but not with others (eg Diabotical). Not sure what to make of it now. I reckon the original StrokesPlus would show the exact same behaviour.
Rob  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2020 7:55:26 AM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Translators, Members, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 120 post(s)
But the issue goes away when S+ is closed?

Can you set the game into windows mode so you can see the tray icons? If you update Taskbar settings to set the S+ icon to always show, when the game is the foreground window the S+ icon should be grayed out.

If it's not, then there's either a bug, or the ignored entry for the game needs some tweaking as it's not being detected.
Prism  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2020 5:00:50 PM(UTC)
Prism

There are no issues with S+ closed. As expected, the tray icon is greyed out when it’s working, it remains blue when it isn’t. S+ doesn’t reenable itself upon closing the game. The issue doesn’t appear to be game-specific either. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

It seems to be related to the more recently made changes to Windows’ FSO (full-screen optimisations) which optimises full-screen apps including games to run in a hybrid windowed/full-screen mode for the benefits of both. This would explain why I wasn’t seeing the issue on another PC which is on an older Windows build still.

I really appreciate your help, thanks. I will remember to update this thread should I find out more, although it looks like S+ really isn’t the root problem here.